Time-saving turkey stroganoff
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed of tough green leaves, finely sliced
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 level tsp paprika
- 300ml chicken stock made with 1 Knorr Reduced Salt Stock Cube
- 535g pack turkey breast steaks, cut into strips
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 150g pot Asda Reduced Fat Soured Cream
- 1 level tsp coarse-grain mustard
- Rice, to serve
- Mangetout, to serve
Set aside 2 tsp of the oil. Heat the rest in a large frying pan and cook the onion and leek over a low heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Stir in the paprika, then add the chicken stock and simmer fast, uncovered, until the liquid has reduced by two-thirds. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
Wipe out the pan and add 1 tsp of the reserved oil. Stir-fry half the turkey over a high heat for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Add the vegetables. Wipe out the pan again and repeat with the rest of the oil and turkey.
Return the vegetables and turkey plus cooking juices to the pan and heat through. Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water. Stir into the pan with the soured cream and mustard and heat until simmering. Serve with rice and mangetout.