Tofu katsu curry
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 70g plain flour
- 4tbsp mild curry powder
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2tbsp fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 200g Asda Thai Jasmine Rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 70g panko breadcrumbs or crumbs made from 2 slices white bread
- 396g pack Cauldron Original Tofu, drained, cut into 8 and patted dry
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, to serve
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, leaves picked
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Cook the onion, garlic and carrots in 1tsp of the oil, in a covered pan on a medium heat, for 10 mins until softened. Increase the heat. Stir in 2tbsp of the flour and 2tbsp of the curry powder. Cook for 2 mins. Gradually add 300ml boiling water, stirring, until you have a thick sauce. Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
Add the soy sauce and yogurt. Blitz with a handheld blender until smooth.
Cook the jasmine rice according to the pack instructions.
Mix together the remaining flour and curry powder in a bowl. Put the egg and breadcrumbs in 2 separate bowls. Dip the tofu pieces in the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
Place on a lined baking tray, drizzle with the rest of the oil and bake for 25 mins until crisp. Turn halfway through.
Divide the tofu between 4 plates and top with the sauce. Serve with the rice, lime wedges, lettuce and coriander.