Tom Kerridge’s chicken, tomato and mozzarella salad
- 2 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 1tbsp chopped oregano (or 1tsp dried oregano)
- 2 slices Parma ham
- Olive oil spray
- 40g rocket leaves
- 40g mixed salad leaves
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated and torn
- 2 ripe tomatoes at room temperature, sliced
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp balsamic glaze
- 125g ball light mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Large handful basil leaves, to garnish
Place each of the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of clingfilm. Using a rolling pin, lightly pound the thicker areas so the fillets are even, at about 2cm thick throughout.
Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with the oregano and some black pepper, then wrap in a slice of Parma ham.
Heat a large nonstick griddle pan or heavy frying pan on a medium-high setting. Spray the chicken a few times with the olive oil. When the griddle is hot, cook the chicken breasts for 3-4 mins each side, pressing down as they cook to ensure good contact with the pan.
In the meantime, put the rocket and mixed salad leaves into a large bowl. Add the Little Gem and then tomatoes. Sprinkle with black pepper, add the olive oil and balsamic glaze, then toss gently.
Divide the salad between 2 serving plates and scatter with the torn mozzarella. Top with the chicken breasts, season with black pepper and finish with a sprinkling of basil leaves.