Trout with roast vegetables
- 4 trout fillets (about 120g each)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice of
- 1 medium courgette, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 yellow peppers, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine, cut into cubes
- 200g couscous
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Brush both sides of each trout fillet with 1 tbsp of the oil and squeeze on a few drops of the lemon juice. Set aside.
Toss all the vegetables in the rest of the oil and put in a large roasting tin. Season then roast in the oven for 35 minutes, giving everything a good stir after 15 minutes.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan and cook the trout for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily.
Meanwhile, put the couscous in a pan with 250ml boiling water. Stir and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork.
Mix the vegetables with the couscous, zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and the parsley. Serve with the trout.