Tuna niçoise salad
- 240g pack Asda Green Beans, trimmed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- 250g pack Asda Baby Plum Tomatoes, halved
- 2 x 185g cans tuna chunks in spring water, drained
- 200g baby new potatoes, boiled, cooled and halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g pitted black olives
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
Boil the green beans for 5 minutes until tender. Rinse under cold water and drain.
Add the eggs to a pan of simmering water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes. Drain, then soak the eggs in cold water to cool.
Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and put in a large bowl. Add the beans, tomatoes, tuna, potatoes, onion, black olives and cucumber, and mix gently.
To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic (if using) and parsley.
Shell and quarter the eggs. Add to the salad and toss with the dressing before serving.