Tuna sushi rolls
- 275g sushi rice
- 2tbsp Asda Rice Vinegar
- 2 courgettes, cut into long, thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 160g tin Asda Tuna Chunks in Spring Water, drained
- 2tbsp Asda Lighter Than Light Mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into batons
- Yutaka Sushi Ginger, to serve
- Yutaka Japanese Wasabi Paste, to serve
- You will also need a sushi rolling mat
Put the sushi rice into a large pan with 500ml water and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for 25 mins. Take off the heat but do not remove the lid and allow to stand for 10 mins. Stir in the rice vinegar and leave to cool.
To make the sushi, start by laying half the courgettes in overlapping strips on the rolling mat. With wet hands, spread half the rice over the bottom half of the courgettes in a 1cm-thick layer.
Mix together the tuna, mayonnaise and spring onions. Spoon half the mixture in a line across the centre of the rice. Arrange half the avocado slices and half the carrot batons along one side of it.
Fold the bottom edge of the courgettes and rice over the filling, then roll up using the mat – take your time to get a firm and even result. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients to make another sushi roll.
Wrap a sheet of clingfilm tightly around each roll and chill in the fridge for 15 mins, or until firm. Slice each roll into 10 pieces, using a sharp knife dipped in water between cuts.
To serve, arrange the sushi rolls on a platter with the sushi ginger and the wasabi paste on the side.