Tuna and sweetcorn shells
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 200g conchiglie pasta shells
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- Pinch of cayenne
- 600ml skimmed milk
- 6 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 100g Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 2 x 198g Asda Chosen by you Skipjack tuna steaks in brine, drained
- 326g can Asda Sweetcorn, drained
- 100g frozen peas
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Grease an ovenproof dish and a sheet of foil large enough to cover it. Cook the pasta shells for 2 minutes less than instructed. Drain.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Away from the heat, gradually whisk in the milk. Return to the heat and bring up to the boil, whisking all the time until thickened. Remove from the heat, add the sundried tomatoes and season.
Off the heat, add half the cheese and stir until melted.
Stir in the pasta, tuna, sweetcorn and peas, then put in the ovenproof dish. Sprinkle on the reserved cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and the cheese is melted.