- 225g sweet potato (peeled weight), cut into 1cm cubes
- 100g Smart Price Peas (frozen)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 level tsp dried Asda Crushed Chillies
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salad, to serve
- Bread, to serve
Add the sweet potato to a pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas. Cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is tender. Drain.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the cumin and crushed chillies and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and stir to mix evenly. Pour the eggs into the pan. Cook on a low heat, without stirring, until the eggs are almost set, with only a thin layer left uncooked on top.
Put the omelette under a pre-heated grill and cook until set. Serve with the salad and bread.