Turkey & cranberry mini pies
- 15g butter
- 15g plain flour, plus extra for rolling
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g mature Cheddar, grated
- 198g can Green Giant Reduced Salt & Sugar sweetcorn, drained
- 150g roast turkey, cut into small pieces
- 50g cooked gammon or ham, cut into small pieces
- 500g Jus-Rol Ready-to-Roll Shortcrust Pastry
- 75g cranberry sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Melt the butter in a pan. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour, cayenne and mustard to to make a smooth paste.
Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil, whisking all the time, until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Tip into a bowl and add the sweetcorn. Leave to cool, then mix in the turkey and gammon or ham.
Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut out stars, rounds and thin strips.
Divide the filling between the pastry cases and add 1 tsp cranberry sauce to each. Top with stars, lids or lattices, attaching the strips to the cases with some beaten egg.
Brush the tops with the rest of the egg. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Serve garnished with thyme, if you like.