Turkey & mushroom pie
- 2 x 350g packs Asda Butcher's selection Diced Turkey Breast
- 250ml stock, made with 1 knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 level tsp dried oregano or mixed dried herbs
- 250g pack of mushrooms, halved
- 1 level tbsp cornflour, mixed with 1tbsp cold water
- 75g reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 15g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 270g pack filo pastry
- Carrots, to serve
- Peas, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Put the turkey in a pan with the stock, shallot and herbs. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove the turkey and mushrooms with a slotted spoon and put in a pie dish. Stir the cornflour mix and crème fraîche into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring. Pour over the filling.
Mix the butter with the oil. Lightly brush a sheet of pastry with this mixture. Scrunch up loosely and put on top of the filling. Repeat with the rest of the pastry sheets. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
Serve with carrots and peas.