James Martin’s turkey tabbouleh with lemon and herbs
- Ready in: 45 mins
- Serves: 8
- Price: £2.08 per serving
- 700ml cold water
- 150g Good & Balanced bulgur wheat
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 150g Good & Balanced Pecans, chopped
- 100g Good & Balanced Chopped Apricots
- 100g Good & Balanced Dried Cranberries
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- Juice 4 lemons
- 6tbsp olive oil or Extra Special Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- 8tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8tbsp chopped coriander
- 5tbsp chopped mint
- 1tbsp harissa paste
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 1 x 340g Butcher’s Selection British Turkey Breast Fillet
Place the cold water in a bowl with the bulgur wheat. Cover with clingfilm and set aside for 30 minutes, or better still overnight. Drain off any liquid. Break up with a fork.
Add the spring onions, pecans, apricots, cranberries, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice, 5tbsp oil and the herbs and mix well. Season with ground black pepper.
Mix the remaining oil and harissa in a bowl. Slice the turkey into 1cm strips and add to the bowl, mixing to coat. Stir-fry in a hot pan until cooked through. Stir in the honey. Season.
Add the cooked Turkey to the salad, tossing to combine.
Serve either warm or cold.
Top Tip: For a softer texture, you can cover the bulgar wheat with boiling hot stock or water and stand for 30 minutes before draining.