Tuscan basil and garlic panzanella
- ½ Extra Special Sourdough Basket Boule, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2tsp thyme leaves
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1tsp balsamic glaze
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp torn basil, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 12 mixed baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 Grower’s Selection Firm & Juicy Salad Tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ red onion, sliced and soaked in cold water for 10 mins
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and finely sliced
Preheat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2.
Put the bread on a baking tray and sprinkle over the thyme. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins until crisp. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the lemon zest.
In a large bowl, mix the baked bread with the remaining ingredients until well combined. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle over the extra basil leaves.