Tuscan bean soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 level tsp smoked paprika
- 2 level tsp dried oregano
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and diced
- 2 carrots, trimmed and diced
- 600ml vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 390g carton Chosen by you chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 300g can Chosen by you Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g can Chosen by you Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- Basil leaves, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, paprika and oregano and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
Add the celery and carrots and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring.
Pour in the stock with the tomatoes, purée and beans. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with basil.