Vegan balsamic shiitake mushroom bruschetta with chestnut pâté
- 20g pistachios
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 180g pack Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts
- 4tbsp Alpro Single Soya cream alternative
- 2tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 x 115g packs Extra Special British Shiitake Mushrooms, large mushrooms sliced, small ones halved
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 x BFree Bake at Home White Demi Baguette (from 2-pack), cut into 1cm slices
- 2tbsp pomegranate seeds
Toast the pistachios in a dry frying pan for 2 mins until golden. Leave to cool, then chop.
For the pâté, heat 1tbsp of the oil in the frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 6-7 mins until softened. Add the chestnuts and cook for 1-2 mins until heated through.
Tip into a blender with the cream alternative and blitz until smooth. Season with black pepper and 1tbsp of the parsley.
Add the rest of the oil to the same frying pan and cook the mushrooms with the thyme for 4-6 mins. Remove the thyme, drizzle over the balsamic glaze and cook for1min.
Toast the baguette slices under a grill or in a toaster until crisp and golden. Spread with the pâté and top with the mushrooms. Sprinkle with the pistachios, the remaining parsley and pomegranateseeds,to serve.