Vegan falafel wraps with spiced wedges and pickles
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4tbsp white wine vinegar
- 600g Maris Piper potatoes, cut into chunky wedges
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- ½tsp ground coriander
- Pack Asda 10 Sweet Potato falafels, halved
- 100g white cabbage, finely sliced
- Juice and zest ½ lemon
- 4 wholemeal wraps
- 100g Asda Red Pepper Houmous
- 10g mint
- 2 gherkins, quartered lengthways
- 10g fresh coriander, leaves picked
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 8.
Toss the onion with the vinegar in a nonmetallic bowl. Set aside to pickle for 30 mins, then drain.
Meanwhile, put the potato wedges on a large baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Toss with the cumin seeds and ground coriander. Cook for 35-40 mins, turning after 20 mins, until cooked through and golden.
Put the falafel halves on a baking tray. Cook for 8-10 mins, to heat through.
Toss together the white cabbage and lemon juice.
Lay the wraps flat and spread each one with the houmous. Drain the cabbage and divide between the wraps with the pickled onion, falafel, mint, gherkins and coriander.
Fold up the bottom of each wrap, then fold in the sides to form a ‘cornet’.
Sprinkle with the lemon zest and serve with the spiced potato wedges.