Vegan kung pao crispy cauliflower with veg fried rice
- 1 large Grower's Selection Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1tsp tomato purée
- 1tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 reduced-salt stock cube, made up to 200ml
- 2tsp cornflour
- 200g pak choi, leaves separated
- 225g tin Asda Bamboo Shoots, drained
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 300g Frozen for Freshness Mixed Vegetables
- 2 x 250g packs Asda Long Grain Micro Rice
- 2tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 30g unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 10g coriander, roughly chopped
- Red chilli, sliced, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Toss the cauliflower in 1tsp of the oil to coat, then spread out on a large baking tray. Roast for 25-30 mins, until crisp and browned.
For the kung pao sauce, heat 1tsp of the oil in a large pan. Cook the onion, garlic and carrot over a medium heat for 5-6 mins, until starting to colour. Stir in the sriracha, tomato purée, rice vinegar, sugar and stock, then bring to a simmer. Stir in 1tbsp cold water into the cornflour and add to the pan.
Add the pak choi and bamboo shoots and bring back to a simmer, stirring regularly. Cook for 8-10 mins, until the sauce has thickened.
Meanwhile, for the fried rice, heat the rest of the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the spring onions and frozen mixed vegetables for 3-4 mins, until heated through. Heat the rice according to the pack instructions and tip into the pan with the vegetables. Stir through the soy sauce and cook for 2 mins.
Stir the roasted cauliflower into the kung pao sauce. Divide the rice between 4 plates and top with the kung pao cauliflower. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts, coriander and red chilli, to serve.