Vegan mac ’n’ cheese
- 300g Asda Macaroni
- 300g frozen cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, made up to 300ml (check the pack to ensure it’s vegan)
- ½tsp mustard powder
- Pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- 100g Free From Grated Cheddar Alternative
- 75g Asda Plain Breadcrumbs
- 1tbsp chopped parsley, to serve
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the macaroni according to the pack instructions. Drain and tip into a 20cm x 30cm baking dish.
Put the cauliflower, garlic and spring onions into a pan and add the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until soft. Blitz with a handheld blender until smooth, season with black pepper and stir in the mustard, nutmeg (if using) and ½ the cheese alternative. Pour over the pasta.
Stir together the breadcrumbs, parsley and remaining cheese alternative. Sprinkle over the pasta and top with the tomatoes. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Serve immediately.