Vegan nuggets with spicy wedges and tomato salad
- 600g baking potatoes, unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 3tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tbsp harissa paste (optional)
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g frozen petits pois, thawed
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1tbsp Scratch Cook Chopped Garlic
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 160g drained tinned sweetcorn
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 10g flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Put the potato wedges on a large baking tray and drizzle over 2tbsp of the oil and the harissa, if using. Toss to coat. Bake for 40 mins, turning halfway through.
Meanwhile, to make the nuggets, put the chickpeas, petits pois, spring onions and garlic in a food processor and blitz until chunky. Add the breadcrumbs and pulse. If needed, add 1tsp waster to bring the mixture together.
Divide into 16 pieces, roll into balls and arrange on another baking tray.
Brush the nuggets with 1tbsp of the oil, then bake for 18-20 mins until the outsides are crisp.
For the salad, put the cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, red onion and parsley in a bowl and stir together. Serve with the nuggets and wedges.