Vegan tofu panang peanut curry
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2tsp garam masala
- ½tsp chilli flakes, crushed
- 396g Cauldron Organic Tofu, drained and cubed
- 125g crunchy peanut butter
- 50g tomato purée
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ vegan stock cube, made up to 200ml
- 400ml Asda Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 200g pak choi, halved
- 300g Amoy Straight To Wok Rice Noodles
- 30g unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 spring onion, shredded
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
Heat the oil in the frying pan and cook the onions for 5 mins, until soft but not browning. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
Stir in the garam masala and crushed chillies. Add the tofu cubes and cook over a low heat for 3 mins, stirring often. Add the peanut butter and tomato purée and continue stirring until evenly mixed.
Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker, add the sweet potato, vegan stock and coconut milk, then mix to combine. Cook on medium for 2-3 hrs.
Mix the cornflour with 2tbsp cold water. Stir into the curry, then add the pak choi to the slow cooker and cook for a further 30 mins on medium until thickened.
Heat the rice noodles according to the pack instructions and divide between 6 plates. Spoon over the curry, and garnish with peanuts, spring onion, slices of lime and red chilli before serving.