Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 level tsp smoked paprika
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 300g sweet potato - peeled weight (cut into 1.5cm cubes)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 green chillies (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 red peppers (de-seeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 aubergine (cut into 1.5cm cubes)
- 2 x 300g cans pinto beans (drained)
- To Serve
- Long grain rice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
Cook the onion in the oil until soft but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in the cumin and paprika.
Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, canned tomatoes, tomato purée, chillies and 200ml water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Add the peppers and aubergine, return to the boil, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Add the pinto beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with rice mixed with coriander.