- 2-3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 50g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 180g bag baby spinach
- 410g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 50g porridge oats
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 50g Wensleydale cheese, grated
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Toss the parsnips in the oil, spread on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
Simmer the squash for 10 minutes in water. Drain and reserve 350ml liquid.
Cook the onion in half the butter until soft.
Stir in the flour and reserved stock and bring to the boil.
Wilt the spinach, add to the pan with the beans, parsnips, squash and thyme. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
Rub the rest of the butter into the oats. Mix with the crumbs, seeds and cheese. Sprinkle on top and cook for 20 minutes.