Vegetable & nut loaf
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 75g brown long-grain rice
- 2-3 shallots, chopped
- 125g carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 125g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Marmite
- 100g gluten-free bread, made into crumbs
- 50g raw cashew nuts, finely chopped
- 50g almonds, finely chopped
- 50g macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 150g mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, plus extra, to garnish
- 2 medium eggs
- Brussels sprouts, to serve
- Carrots, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease a loaf tin and line the base with baking paper.
Cook the rice, then drain. Fry the shallots and carrots in the oil and butter over a low heat, stirring often, until soft.
Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the juices run out. Stir in the Marmite.
Tip into a large bowl and add the breadcrumbs, nuts, cheese and thyme. Lightly beat the eggs and stir in.
Put in the tin and level the top. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
Garnish with some thyme and serve with the sprouts and carrots.