Vegetable pad Thai
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil (or sunflower oil), plus a little for greasing
- 250g pack Asda Egg Noodles
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp Asda Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 3 tbsp Blue Dragon Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 level tsp sugar (preferably brown sugar)
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 150g Asda Extra Special Shiitake Mushrooms, halved (or use ordinary mushrooms)
- 100g Asda Fresh Tastes Beansprouts
- 50g salted roasted peanuts peanuts, roughly chopped
Lightly beat the eggs and season. Grease a non-stick frying pan with oil, add the eggs and swirl round the pan to make a thin omelette. Slide on to a plate, roll up, cut into slices and set aside.
Add the noodles to a large pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Mix the lime juice with the tomato ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and sugar.
Have all the veg to hand so they'e ready when needed. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir-fry the broccoli, spring onions and mushrooms for 3 minutes.
Add the beansprouts and noodles and stir-fry until hot. Add the lime juice mixture and toss together over a high heat to cook through.
Stir in the omelette slices and divide between four plates. Serve sprinkled with the chopped peanuts.