Vegetable & potato bake
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ swede, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 400g can Asda Cream Mushroom Soup
- 300g can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 600g potatoes, peeled weight
- 4 tbsp milk
- 50g extra mature Cheddar cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Melt half the butter and oil in a large pan. Cook the leeks over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Set aside on a dish.
Put the swede and carrot in the pan with the remaining butter and oil. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add 100ml water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the soup, beans and parsley. Add the leeks and put in 4 ovenproof dishes.
Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and mash with the milk. Season and spread carefully over the vegetables. Sprinkle on the cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes.