Vegetarian cottage pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 200g carrots, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp sprig fresh cut thyme, chopped
- 400g can Asda Green Lentils, drained and rinsed
- 300g (peeled weight) sweet potato, cut into even-sized pieces
- 50g reduced-fat crème fraîche
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion over a medium heat until soft. Add the carrots and celery, and stir well. Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the juices run. Increase the heat and cook, stirring often, until the juices evaporate.
Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, thyme and lentils, and simmer, stirring occasionally with a spoon, for 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
Cook the sweet potatoes and potatoes until tender. Drain and mash with the crème fraîche. Put on top of the mushroom and lentil mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.