- 3 large free range eggs, at room temperature
- 2 reduced-salt vegetable stock cubes, dissolved in 1.5L boiling water
- 3tbsp miso paste
- 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1½tbsp Asda Rice Vinegar
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 5 Extra Special Hand Picked British Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms, broken into small pieces
- 4 egg noodle nests
- 2 pak choi, quartered
- 200g tofu, cubed
- 4tbsp frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 sheet nori roasted seaweed, crumbled
Put the eggs in a pan of boiling water. Simmer for 6 mins, drain and plunge into iced water until cool enough to handle. Peel and cut in half. Set aside.
For the broth, bring the stock to the boil in a large pan. Add the miso, chilli sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and ginger. Stir until the miso dissolves.
Add the shiitake and porcini mushrooms and the noodles to the pan. Simmer for 3-4 mins, covered, until the noodles are heated through. Add the pak choi and tofu in the final 1 min.
Divide the noodles, veg and broth between 6 large bowls. Add the sweetcorn. Top each bowl with half a boiled egg and a scattering of the spring onions, chilli, sesame and nori, then serve immediately.