- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into quarters lengthways
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into quarters lengthways
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 8 Cauldron Vegetarian Sausages
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 75g plain flour
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150g cherry vine ripened tomatoes
- 500g baby potatoes
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- 300g Frozen for Freshness British Garden Peas
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Toss the parsnips, carrots, onions, sausages, rosemary and oil in a medium-sized ovenproof dish and roast for 15 mins.
Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, milk and egg until smooth.
Remove the dish from the oven, pour in the batter and top with the tomatoes. Return to the oven for 20-30 mins until golden and risen.
For the side dish, put the potatoes in a pan of cold water, boil, then simmer for 20-30 mins until soft. Drain and return to the pan. Add the herbs, then crush with the back of a spoon.
Cook the peas according to the packet instructions. Drain and serve with the crushed potatoes and the veg-in-the-hole.