- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 500g leftover veg - we used a mixture of roast carrots, parsnips, potatoes and cooked Brussels sprouts (halved)
- 100g leftover Brie or Stilton (roughly chopped)
- 70g cooked chestnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1tbsp chopped sage
- 125g prepared sage and onion stuffing (crumbled)
- Flour (for rolling out)
- 500g pack Asda Ready To Roll Shortcrust Pastry
- 5tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 medium egg, beaten
Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium setting, then fry the onion for 8-9 mins until soft and starting to brown. Set aside to cool.
Put the cooled onion, vegetables, Brie or Stilton, chestnuts, sage and ¾ of the stuffing into a large bowl and toss together.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Flour a work surface, then roll out the pastry to 5mm thick. Cut out a 30cm circle, using a dinner plate as a guide. Carefully slide the pastry circle onto the prepared baking tray.
Spread 4tbsp of the cranberry sauce over the centre of the pastry, leaving a 4cm border clear around the edge. Top the sauce with the veg mixture, then dollop the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with the rest of the stuffing
Fold the pastry border over the edges of the filling, then brush with the beaten egg, to glaze.
Bake for 35-40 mins until the pastry is crisp. Serve hot or warm.