- 2 x 200g packs Asda Baby Leaf Spinach
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 750g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1.2 litres whole milk, warmed
- 75g flour
- 4 level tsp Asda Coarse Grain Mustard
- 16 dry lasagne sheets (no need to pre-cook)
- 150g mature Cheddar cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Cook the spinach with 1 tbsp oil until it wilts, then drain thoroughly. Cook the onion in the rest of the oil until soft. Add the garlic, mushrooms and 25g butter. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms shrink. Add the thyme.
Melt the butter in a pan. Stir in the flour and whisk in the milk. Bring to a simmer. Add the mustard and spinach.
Spread some sauce in the base of 2 dishes. Add a layer of pasta sheets, mushrooms and finish with sauce. Continue, ending with pasta and sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
Allow one dish to cool completely before freezing.