Veggie sausage and kale pasta
Price: £1.25 per serving
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 Cauldron Lincolnshire Vegetarian Sausages
- 400g can Napolina Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2tsp red wine vinegar
- 300g farfalle or fusilli pasta
- 100g Grower’s Selection Sliced Curly Kale
Heat the oil in a large pan. Crush the fennel seeds slightly to release the flavour, then add to the pan with the onion and garlic. Fry over a medium heat for 3 mins until the onion is softened but not browned.
Cut the sausages into 1cm-thick slices. Add to the pan with the chopped tomatoes, chilli flakes and vinegar. Bring the sauce to a boil, then simmer for 10 mins, uncovered.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Add the kale to the pan 2 mins before the end of the cooking time.
Drain the pasta and kale. Add to the frying pan with the sausage sauce and toss to coat evenly. Serve straight away with a sprinkling of ground black pepper.