Slow cooker veggie sloppy joes
- ½ courgette, finely sliced
- 1 pepper, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tsp hot mustard, plus 1tbsp extra to serve (optional)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 6 wholemeal rolls
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 50g Asda 30% Less Fat Mature British Cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced (optional)
Put the courgette, pepper, red onion, sweet potato, garlic, 1tsp mustard and chopped tomatoes in your slow cooker. Cook on a high setting for 5 hrs.
Split the wholemeal rolls in half. Top each bottom half with a lettuce leaf and a spoonful of the vegetable mixture, then sprinkle over the grated cheese. Add the spring onions (optional). Spread the other halves of the rolls with more of the mustard, if you like, before putting on top. Serve immediately.