Vibrant veggie cous cous with chickpeas
- 300g cous cous
- 150g Asda Three Raisin Mix
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 100g Asda pitted black olives, drained
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- 30g pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 60g Asda Wild Rocket
Put the cous cous and raisins in a large bowl, season with pepper then cover with boiling water, to 2cm above the level of the cous cous. Cover with a plate; set aside for 15 mins.
Fluff the cous cous with a fork. Mix through the lemon zest and juice.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high setting. Fry the onion for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until just softened. Add the chickpeas, garlic, paprika and 60ml water; cook for 8-10 mins, tossing often, until the liquid evaporates.
Stir the chickpeas into the cous cous, along with the olives, cucumber, pepper and parsley. Gently mix through the rocket, taking care not to bruise it, then serve immediately.