Vietnamese-inspired bánh mì pittas
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 344g pack Butcher’s Selection 4 BBQ Pork Kebabs
- 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons with a veg peeler
- 70g radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin batons
- 3tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1tbsp sriracha sauce
- 6-pack Extra Special Mediterranean Style Pittas
- Small handful mint, leaves torn
- Small handful coriander, torn
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
Preheat the grill to medium and line the grill pan with foil.
Cook the pork kebabs according to the pack instructions. Cool for 5 mins then use a fork to pull the meat off of the skewers.
Meanwhile, toss together the carrot ribbons, radishes and cucumber with the vinegar. Set aside to pickle for 15 mins, tossing regularly. Drain away the vinegar.
In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and sriracha, then chill until needed.
Once the kebabs are cooked, heat the pittas under the grill for about 1 min, according to the pack instructions.
Slice the pittas halfway open and spread the sriracha mayo inside. Fill with the mint, coriander, pickled vegetables and pork.
Scatter over the spring onions and red chilli, if using. Serve with lime wedges on the side, to squeeze over.