Vivek Singh’s sticky chicken wings
- 2kg chicken wings, skin on
- 100g coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns, cracked coarsely
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp grain mustard
- 4 lemons, juice only (for the marinade)
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1 medium cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 red onions, finely diced
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 2 lemons, juice only (for the salad dressing)
- 1 tsp sugar
Mix the marinade ingredients (black peppercorns, garlic, mustard, lemon juice & honey) together in a large bowl. Add the chicken wings, mix well and set aside for at least 1 hour, or overnight if possible.
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a large baking tray with foil.
Put the salad ingredients (cucumber, carrot, tomatoes, red onions, green chilli, chopped coriander) in a large bowl. Mix together the ingredients for the dressing with 2 tsp salt and gently fold into the salad.
Put the chicken wings on the baking tray and drizzle over half of the marinade. Sprinkle with 2 tsp sea salt. Cook in the oven for about 35-40 minutes, turning the wings halfway through, until they become sticky and coated all over. Just before removing the chicken wings from the oven, stir in the coriander, then transfer to a serving dish.