Warm mini pork pies
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 15g butter
- 417g Asda British Thin Cut Pork Loin Steaks, trimmed of fat and cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 Rashers back bacon, chopped
- 2 level tsp flour, plus extra for rolling out
- Good pinch ground allspice
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 200ml hot pork stock (or chicken stock)
- 500g pack Asda Ready Made Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
Pre-heat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Cook the onion in the butter over a low heat until soft. Add the pork and bacon to the pan and cook until it changes colour. Stir in the flour.
Transfer to a casserole dish. Add the allspice and sage. Pour over the stock. Cover and cook in the oven for 1.5 hours. Allow to cool.
Increase the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out 8 x 12cm rounds. You'll also need 8 smaller rounds for lids, so gather the scraps together and roll out again, then continue cutting out until you have enough. Use the larger rounds to line 8 deep tart tins, letting the pastry overlap the top.
Fill with the pork mixture, adding enough of the cooking liquid to come almost to the top. Dampen the edges of the pastry, then cover with the pastry lids, sealing the join firmly. Make a small hole in the centre of each. Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 20-25 minutes.