Warm roasted vegetable, chicken & pasta salad
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 aubergines
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow peppers, quartered and de-seeded
- 250g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 200g Asda Extra Special Fusilli Giganti Pasta
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tsp Asda Chosen by you Dijon Mustard
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 200g cooked chicken, without skin, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Basil leaves,to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut the aubergine into 1.5cm cubes, discarding the ends, and put in a bowl with 2 tbsp of the oil. Toss so they're well coated, then spread on one of the baking trays and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the peppers on the other tray, skin side up. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes, cut side up. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes until the skin on the peppers starts to brown. Remove the skin from the peppers and cut them into pieces.
Add the pasta to a large pan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil, stir once, then cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and tip into a large bowl.
Whisk the rest of the oil with balsamic vinegar and mustard. Season and toss with pasta, spring onions, chicken and roasted veg. Garnish each serving with small whole basil leaves.