Watercress and pistachio risotto
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 x 85g packs Asda Strong Watercress, chopped
- 2 echalion shallots, finely chopped
- 25g basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g arborio rice
- 200ml white wine (or water)
- 1 reduced-salt veg stock cube, made up to 1L with boiling water
- 30g Asda 30% Less Fat Extra Mature British Cheese, grated
- 30g pistachios, chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium setting. Add the shallots, cover and sweat for 10 mins or until soft. Remove the lid, add the garlic and cook for 2 mins.
Stir in the rice, then add the wine or water and cook until reduced by half. Slowly add the stock, stirring continuously, until the rice is cooked and coated in a thick sauce – about 20 mins.
Remove from the heat; stir in the watercress, basil, half the pistachios and half the cheese. Season with ground black pepper.
Top with the remaining cheese and pistachios.