- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Asda Smart Price Belly Pork Slices, skin removed and cut into 2cm thick strips
- 454g pack Asda Smart Price Sausages, cut in half
- 1.5kg bag Asda Smart Price Root Vegetables Pack, peeled and diced
- 1 whole head of garlic, broken into cloves (unpeeled)
- 1 Cox’s apple, skin on, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can Asda Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g can Asda Mexican Style Bean Mix, drained
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 600ml hot water
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/ 170C Fan/Gas 5. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the pork belly to the pan and sear over a high heat for 2 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and put in a casserole dish. Add the sausages to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned all over. Drain off any excess fat. Put in the casserole dish.
Add the veg and garlic to the pan and cook in batches, for 5 minutes over a medium heat, to soften, stirring frequently. Add the apples and rosemary and fry for 1 minute. Put in the casserole dish with the pork and sausages and toss together well. Put the tomato purée, tomatoes, beans and stock in the pan and bring to the boil.
Add to the casserole, cover and cook in the oven for 2 1⁄2 hours, uncovering for the last 30 minutes.