Winter chunky vegetable soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- ½ x 180g pack kale, spinach or pak choi, roughly shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 750ml hot vegetable stock
- 290g can borlotti beans, drained
- 75g frozen broad beans
- 75g frozen peas
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 white baguette, sliced
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated or shaved
Heat half the oil in a large pan and slowly cook the onion and celery until soft.
Add the shredded greens and half the garlic. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes and purée. Add the stock, beans, peas and thyme. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Mix the remaining oil and garlic and spread on the bread. Toast under the grill.
Season the soup and serve with Parmesan and the garlic baguette.