Winter vegetable minestrone
- 1 tbsp olive oil (plus 2 tsp for the bread)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and finely diced
- 390g carton Chosen by you Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 300g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 600ml stock, made with 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100g Smart Price Spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 160g bag Asda Washed Baby Spinach
- 200g baguette
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the onion and celery. Cook for 2-3 minutes,until soft. Add the butternut squash and cook for another 8-10 minutes, until it starts to soften.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, cannellini beans and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the spaghetti and stir. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
Stir in the spinach. Simmer for 1 minute, until wilted.
Pre-heat the grill. Slice the baguette. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the bread, then rub the garlic halves over one side of each slice. Grill until golden brown. Serve hot with the soup.