Yakitori chicken and spring onion skewers
- 300g easy-cook long grain brown rice, rinsed
- 120g sachet Blue Dragon Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- 1tbsp frozen Scratch Cook Chopped Garlic, thawed
- 600g Butcher’s Selection British Chicken Boneless Thigh Fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 200g radishes, quartered
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 limes – 1 juiced and zest cut into long, fine strips; 1 cut into wedges, to serve
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
Preheat the grill to high and line the grill pan with foil. If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water.
Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the rice and cook for 20-25 mins until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, put the teriyaki sauce in a large bowl and stir in the garlic. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Thread onto the skewers, alternating with pieces of spring onion.
Grill the skewers for 8-10 mins on each side, until the chicken is cooked through.
5 Toss the cucumber, radishes and carrot with the lime juice.
Divide the rice between 4 plates, top each with 2 skewers and garnish with the lime zest. Serve with the salad and lime wedges.