Hairdressers might balk at Camila Bravo's brazen DIY fringe haircut, but the beauty blogger's video has gone viral nonetheless. The Instagram video shows Camila, a Philadelphia-based makeup artist and YouTube star, demonstrate a unique home haircut technique that gives flawless results every time.
Watch the video below for yourself:
Press Play �� ✂ Before Calling me Crazy, I been cutting my own side bangs since forever ago. I love how they come out just by doing what I am showing here , so I thought I should share with you guys. �� ❕ If you have curly hair like myself cut them alittle lower than the actual desire length because keep in mind the hair will shrink. ♦Eyes: @motivescosmeticsElement Color Box ( use referral code Kamilabravo for �� Off ) ♦Lashes: @shophudabeauty in Style Marilyn. I find this style to be the perfect lashes for when you want something simple on the eyes but you want your lashes to be poppin ! �� ♦Skin: Born This Way foundation from @toofaced (Light Beige) Age Rewind Concealer by @maybelline ( Light/Pale shade) ♦Set with @lauramercier Translucent Powder & Mineralize skin finish by mac. ♦Hoola Bronzer by @benefitcosmetics ♦Highlight Grace by @gerardcosmetics ✨ ♦ Lips : Serenity by @gerardcosmetics �� #kamilabravo #bangsturoial
Camila uses a simple five step technique to get foolproof and perfectly bouncy, face-framing layers every time:
1. Start by parting your hair as normal, before sectioning off the area of hair at the front that frames your face. If you don't already have any side layers, it's pretty easy to determine where to cut by brushing the front section of your locks over your face and selecting the hair that falls in front of your eyes and nose. Make sure to seperate this section completely from the rest of your hair.
2. Once this is done, spray the hair with water in order to make it easier to cut and style.
3. Next, twist the section of hair until it is tight and compact, so you can hold it in front of your face with one hand.
4. Holding the twisted tresses in place, get ready to chop! If you're not sure how short or long you want your layers, follow Camilia's lead by cutting the twisted strands at roughly lip length. This will ensure that the change is not too drastic but you still get long flattering layers. Then, keeping the hair twisted, simply cut straight across all in one go.
5. Hurrah, the hard work is done! Now unravel and dry your hair with a round barrel brush for added volume and voilà – layers with style.
Ensure your hair always looks its best with some hair styling products from Asda.