DIY beauty recipes are great. Not only are they an affordable alternative to your beauty cupboard regulars, but they can also be kinder to sensitive skin as you’re using all natural ingredients.
We’ve found two brilliant recipes that are super easy to make, and only use a few simple ingredients
This month is an especially great time to try your hand at whipping up your own batches of face masks and body scrubs, as pumpkins are packed full of skin nourishing ingredients.
It doesn’t just pay to eat seasonal food you know; your beauty regime will love it too!
If you’ve never made your own DIY natural beauty products before, don’t worry. We’ve found two brilliant recipes that are super easy to make, and only use a few simple ingredients.
So when you’re ready, here are two perfect ways to pamper your skin this weekend.
Pumpkin Face Mask
High in vitamins A and C, pumpkin is a great ingredient to brighten tired skin. The oats in this recipe from natural beauty experts Elsie Rutterford and Dominika Minarovic, will also act as a mild exfoliating agent, while honey and coconut oil moisturise dry skin.
- 1 slice of pumpkin
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- Skin the pumpkin and blitz it in a blender with the oats and coconut oil. Blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Stir the honey into the paste.
- Apply to face and neck and allow to sit for up to 20 minutes. Rinse well afterwards.
Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub
A delicious way to scrub your skin to smooth softness, this pumpkin spice recipe from blogger and recipe developer Kayley McCabe uses brown sugar to gently buff away rough patches, plus olive oil to moisturise.
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or mixed spice)
- ¼ cup light olive oil (not extra virgin) or ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and spice.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract to the sugar and mix in until blended. If using coconut oil, mix it into the brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Store in 1 medium mason jar or two small mason jars with lids - the scrub should keep well for a few months at room temperature.
Love making your own beauty recipes? Stock up on all your fresh ingredients at Asda.com.