Add a glistening touch to your look this season with the latest far-out beauty trend.
From next-level highlighter layering to glowing eyeshadow tricks and a flawless base, shimmering make-up is taking off...
Fresh, dewy skin is always in style and, this season, it takes on an even more radiant glow. Get yourself a glimmering complexion that lasts all day.
1. Use a stiff foundation brush to work George Illuminating Primer all over your face. It contains tiny minerals that bounce light off the skin, creating
the perfect glow.
2. Brighten any dark under-eye circles with the Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer in Naked.
3. Go over everything with the super-light Olay Total Effects 7 in One BB Cream Moisturiser + Foundation. Its sheer coverage will allow those illuminated tones to shine through.
Ditch the dark smoky eye and make your peepers pop with the iridescent eye make-up that’s taken Pinterest by storm.
1. Start by applying George Strobe Crayon in White Pearl to the inner corners of the eyes to help open them up.
2. Swirl a fluffy shadow brush over all the colours in the L’Oréal Paris True Match Powder Glow Illuminator in Icy Glow, then over the lids in a windscreen wiper motion.
3. Score extra gleam points by spreading a little Vaseline Original Pure Petroleum Jelly across your lids.
The key here is a luminous highlighter. An ethereal sheen suits all skin tones; create it with a sweep of peach over the cheekbones.
1. Pat Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid Highlighter in Nude Glow across the cheekbone, starting at the top and finishing in line with the pupil. It’s an almost sheer finish that provides a great glowing base.
2. Slick George Blush Soft Touch Blusher Stick in Unicorn over the top, blending gently.
3. Dust everything with Rimmel Sculpting and Highlighting Kit in Coral Glow. The mix of pigments and textures will make your cheekbones shine.
For lips, the shimmering trend can include anything from rainbow metallics to subtle, pearlescent shades. Embrace a less dramatic approach with this kissable pink look.
1. Apply a rich coat of Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Heather Shimmer.
2. Top with lashings of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Mega Gloss in I Got The Power for a smooth, silky finish.
3. Dust the cupid’s bow with George 4 Shade Highlight to make your pout stand out.
Want to shimmer all over? Look no further.
2. Finally, dab George Strobe Highlighting Cream in Pink Pearl on your shoulder tops, collarbone and down the centre of your legs, and you’re good to glow.
By Carly Hobbs