You've bought yourself the little black dress and dug out those sparkly heels from the back of the wardrobe but, when it comes to festive styling it's your hair and make-up that really make a lasting impression over the party season.
Whether you're after showstopping glamour with statement lips and bouncy hair or a natural glow for a daytime do, we've got it covered with our celeb-inspired step-by-step looks.
Jenna Coleman wears it well. Like the Victoria actress, you’ll seem like you’re surrounded by fairy lights with this fresh, radiant look.
1. First, prep skin with a little Rimmel London Good to Glow Highlighter in Soho Glow working it all over like a moisturiser.
2. Then add Olay Complete BB cream in medium which will give you a sheer coverage.
3. Apply a little more highlight to the tops of your cheekbones.
4. Finally, blend super-creamy Rimmel Royal Blush in Majestic Pink on to the apples of your cheeks.
Glam locks – Go natural by wearing it down loosely around your fresh face.
‘90s smokey eye
Laura Whitmore rocks the look. The Strictly siren is a big fan of the sexy smudge. Black liner alone can appear harsh, so go for soft browns as well.
1. After applying a kohl black eyeliner around your eyes, swipe Maybelline Colour Show Eye Khol Lines in Chocolate Chip across the lid before blending with your fingertips. Add a little to the lashline too, smudging as you go.
2. Next to frame your statement eyes brush up your brows by defining and shaping them with Maybelline New Look Brown Drama Sculpting Brow.
3. Finish with a sexy sweep of Rimmel Extra Super Curved Mascara in Jet Black.
Glam Locks – team with textures waves concentrated in the mid-lengths, leaving the ends straight for an edgier look.
Michelle Keegan keeps it simple. Our favourite actress’s girl-next-door make-up is perfect for Christmas dos.
1. Apply your base as normal, then work Maybelline Drea Stin Liquid Air-Whipped Foundation under the hollows of your cheeks.
2. Blend in with a brush so you can’t see the edges, then add definition with the darker shade from the Collection Contour Kit.
3. Apply Collection speedy Highlighter to the temples and the high points of your cheekbones.
Glam locks – continue the definition by backcombing your hair at the roots after straightening.
Matte Berry lip
Nicole Scherzinger shows how to wow. Simple and sexy with minimal effort, this glam rock look delivers the X Factor.
1. Apply Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Possessed Plum all over your lips. Blot with a tissue then add another coat to pack a punch. Press a little Collection Sheer Loose powder in translucent.
2. This takes off the sheer and helps your lip colour to last.
3. It’s important to make the eyes just as dramatic. Glue on Eyelure Cheryl Lashes in Sexy Senorita. Cut each street in half if you find lashes tricky to apply.
Glam Locks – Match this with a half bun. Sweep the front of your hair up into a neat bun, leaving the rest down.
All out Glam
Holly Willoughby goes for glamour. Vamp it up for a special occasion.
1. Go big on your cheekbones, dusting them with Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring in Light/Medium. Brush over the blush to give definition and warmth first, then use your fingertips to apply the highlighter at the top of your cheekbones.
2. For eyes, you’ll need L’oreal Paris Colour Riche La Palette.
3. Use a golden shade all over the lid, dab black on the outside corners and sweep the icy shade under the browbone and in the inner corner of the eyes.
4. Buff over it all gently so it blurs slightly.
Glam locks – a sugar-glam look needs statement hair. Opt for a bouncy blow dry with high-octane pizzazz.